Thursday, May 19, 2011

Easy Chicken & Dumplin's

Well I promised some recipes and here's my first one. It's really easy, I think. Hope you enjoy it. Let me know if you try it, how it turned out. I took a few different recipes and adapted them making one really good and easy recipe. I have to start taking pictures of my creations. Since this is making me hungry, maybe the photo won't be too long in appearing. Peace be with you all.



Easy Chicken & Dumplin's

1 roasted chicken - take meat off bones, making bite size pieces and set aside
1/4 cup butter (not margarine)
1 tbsp oil
1 lb baby carrots, sliced
1/2 cup diced celery
1 1/2 - 2 tsp. minced garlic (to suite your taste)
1 cup all-purpose flour
2-32 oz boxes chicken broth
14 oz can vegetable broth
1/4 cup heavy cream
can of Grands biscuits, cut each biscuit into quarters

In a large stock pot, melt butter and heat oil over medium heat. Add carrot, celery and garlic. Saute until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the flour, continue to stir and cook for 2 minutes. Slowly pour in the broths 1 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition.
Let sauce simmer until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 15 minutes. Stir in heavy cream. Fold the chicken into the sauce and bring up to a simmer. Gently place biscuit quarters into the hot mixture. They should cover the top of the sauce, but not be crowded. Let the dumplin's cook for 10-15 minutes more until they look done. Enjoy. Should feed 4-6 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment